Tuesday, January 5, 2016

2016 - a new year with new challenges

I have been busy the last couple of months. Work took a lot of time. Because we are stepping into a new time I will reflect a little. At work some of my co-workers will stop and seek new opportunities. It is fine co-workers but their home is in Sweden and the office they are working in, is placed in Copenhagen.

Thanks to the newly introduced border control they cannot get back home and sleep before they have to wake up and start going to work. I understand them and I am divided on the question of border control. One part of me is Dane where I cannot understand why Sweden steps away from taking responsibility in the migration crisis.

But I am also co-worker. I have to have someone to drink beers with after work, which work is all about. Otherwise we could all work from home never meeting the persons we do business with.

And it is difficult to be a commuter. In Denmark driving to work equals being on the lookout for speed traps all the time. It is very stressful and many times I wish that I could retire early because when you arrive at work you are so stressful and you are not fun for anyone.

2016 will be a difficult year for me both as a Dane and as a co-worker. I am not happy.

No comments: